Looking for a brief but comprehensive home seller’s guide? Look no further. Learn all you need to know about making a lucrative home sale in the highly coveted Naples, FL luxury home market on this page.
Breaking down the home selling process
- Defining your selling goalsSelling a house is a process that requires several important decisions. To make sure that you are headed in the right direction throughout the process, you must be clear about your motivations for selling.Are you eager to sell fast because you need to relocate right away – for a job change or a move to another home overseas, for example? Are you willing to wait until the market drops the best offer possible on your lap?
- Hiring an agentMake the entire home selling process easier by partnering with a savvy and well-connected real estate professional.Choose an agent that not only has the qualifications and experience, but also an in-depth knowledge of your area. Their body of work in your local market will provide you with invaluable insights on what buyers want in homes in your location. Their extensive networks can also provide essential advantages such as local service providers and direct connections to high-value buyers.
- Preparing your house to sellYour house has to be in its best condition to attract serious interest and substantial offers from buyers.Before putting your home on the market, get a deep clean done in and around the whole property. Don’t hesitate to invest in professional cleaning services; their expertise and equipment will spare you from a lot of strenuous and time-consuming work.
Pay attention to essential repair needs, too. Make sure that everything in your home is in working condition, so buyers will not find anything to complain or worry about when they tour your property.
- Staging and photographing the homeUse staging and photography to showcase your property’s best features and angles. These will help make your marketing materials “pop” and gain more attention from buyers.Effective staging also helps you make a strong, positive impression with buyers visiting and touring your home.
- Pricing the propertyAttaching the right price to a home for sale is crucial to a successful sale. The numbers you attach to your listing should be based on your property’s current market value to prevent overpricing.Ask your agent to help you do a comparative market analysis, a review of prices and selling trends for similar homes around your area.
- Advertising and showing the homeWith help from your agent, create a marketing strategy that will generate the most exposure for your property. This includes determining the best time to make your listing go public, ideal format (such as print, online, and social media advertisements), and scheduling open houses.In the luxury market, it is common to sell properties privately or off-market – that is, by using an agent’s network to connect with potential buyers. Be sure to inform your agent if this is your preferred manner of seeking out buyers for your house.
If you are listing your property publicly however, make sure to offer flexible viewing schedules to accommodate as many interested buyers as possible.
- Entertaining offersAsk your agent to help you filter and assess the offers that come in. Their experience and expertise will help you see past the buyer’s offer price and evaluate the finer details and specific contingency requests that buyers add to their offer.
- Negotiating with the buyerWhen you decide on the best or most interesting offer, prepare to enter the crucial negotiation stage with your buyer. In addition to the final sale price, your negotiations may cover details like which party takes responsibility for closing costs, furniture or appliances included in the sale, and other special requests that can seal or speed up the deal.Plan a comprehensive negotiation strategy with your agent. As your primary representative, your agent should always be up to speed with your priorities and interests, so maintain constant and consistent communication.
- Cooperating with final contingency stepsOnce you enter escrow, be prepared to cooperate with the completion of all contingency measures detailed in your purchase agreement. These steps may include giving professional inspectors access to your home, addressing any repairs recommended by the inspectors, and providing appraisers and title inspectors with copies of your property’s essential documents.When all requirements are fulfilled, you can proceed with the closing of the sale.
Sell your Naples, FL home with Bill Earls
Since 1983, Bill Earls and his team of Naples luxury real estate experts has generated well over $2 billion in total sales volume, including more than $200 million in 2019 alone. Use this expertise to your advantage. Contact us today to learn how to make a fast and rewarding sale.
More home selling topics:
Bookmark this page for more expert tips for selling your home. Watch out for our latest updates and freshest content.
- Pricing your Home For The Best Returns
Pricing your home will be one of the most important decisions you make when selling your home. It will be the factor that attracts buyers to your property, and it will also be the figure that eventually influences the final sales price. The specific price will depend on the area, and it will require having a look at recent sales prices of similar properties. In this article, you can learn more about how to price your home for the best returns.
- Preparing Your Home for Sale