Naples is a beautiful beach city that is certainly more than just a vacation-friendly tourist destination. In fact, it offers an outstanding way of life, befitting of its place along the Sunshine State’s “Paradise Coast.”
Read on to learn more about this exceptional locale and find out why this is the ideal place for your next dream home.
A Brief History of Naples, Fl
From the very beginning, the area where Naples, FL stands today was desired for its exquisite beauty and paradise-like charm. In 1885, former senator General John S. Williams instructed Louisville Courier-Journal owner Walter Haldeman to spearhead an exploratory expedition.
Just a year later, the Naples Town Improvement Company was founded, creating a town named after the Italian peninsula. Development began, prioritizing the creation of winter vacation properties.
The establishment of Naples preceded the creation of Collier County, but the latter’s development in the 1920s added essential infrastructure like roads and electricity that encouraged faster business and residential growth throughout the area.
Naples, Fl Luxury Homes for Sale
A population of roughly 20,000 permanent residents calls Naples, FL home. These residents enjoy the bright and pleasant conditions of the area throughout the year in a variety of house styles and real estate property options.
Stately mansions on sprawling lots abound in this coveted real estate market. Among the most desired properties are the luxurious beach-facing waterfront homes that promise an exquisite, resort-like living experience day in and day out.
There are also upscale condo high-rises that present a unique perspective to waterfront living several stories up from street level.
If you want to search for your Naples, FL home based on the neighborhood, here is where to start:
- Port Royal – Located in the southern portion of Naples, this luxurious neighborhood is named after a 17th-century Jamaican port city that was renowned for its wealth and extravagance.
- Olde Naples – As its name suggests, this locale preserves and showcases a lot of the city’s rich historic character with numerous examples of timeless architectural masterpieces.
- Aqualane Shores – Nestled between Olde Naples and Port Royale, this waterfront community boasts deep-water channels that are ideal for homeowners with an affinity for sailing.
- Coquina Sands – With white sandy beaches and tree-lined streets, this neighborhood offers some of the most romantic settings for your paradise-inspired lifestyle.
- The Moorings – Spanning more than 1,300 acres, this tranquil community offers a selection of single-family homes and condominium properties located near popular shopping, dining, and recreational attractions.
- Park Shore – Buyers eyeing luxury homes and condos in a relatively young community can explore their options in this neighborhood that was developed around the 1970s through the 1980s.
- Pelican Bay – This census-designated place in Collier County captures the genuine resort-style lifestyle. Upscale and sophisticated amenities like a local electric tram service and exclusive catamaran rentals add to the distinct experience that the area offers.
- Estates at Bay Colony – Fancy having a golf course right in your very own neighborhood? This community of 75 exquisite estates will surely catch your attention.
- Grey Oaks – Live to the fullest with the complete experience that only an exclusive country club community can offer. Grey Oaks is one of the most coveted locations among luxury homebuyers seeking to maintain a healthy, active lifestyle.
More Lifestyle Highlights in Naples, Fl
Without a doubt, some of the best beaches in Southwest Florida are in Naples – with incredible weather to match. But in addition to enjoying your fair share of sun, sand, and sea, you can also look forward to these signature local experiences when you buy a home in Naples:
- Master Your Golf Game
Golf is a popular pastime not just in Naples, but throughout the rest of Collier County. This means you are never in short supply of new courses to discover where you can keep your swing loose.
- Shop Till You Drop at Various Outdoor Malls
The city’s sunny conditions make it perfect for open-air shopping centers like Mercato, Waterside Shops, and The Village Shops on Venetian Bay. But if you fancy shopping at upscale or designer stores, head to 5th Avenue South or 3rd Street South instead.
- Discover the Local Arts Scene
Inspiration abounds in Naples, thanks to its vibrant, oceanside environment. It’s no wonder the city is home to numerous destinations and attractions dedicated to the creative and performing arts. Keep the world-renowned Artis-Naples at the top of your list for a visit to the Baker Museum or an unforgettable concert by the Naples Philharmonic Orchestra.
Explore Today’s Finest Real Estate Options in Naples, Fl With Bill Earls
Did this guide tickle your fancy about buying a luxurious beachfront villa in Naples? Get in touch with Bill Earls and his team of luxury real estate today to learn more about the exceptional real estate opportunities that await you here.